"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius
Let me start off by saying I LOVE my job. I can't imagine getting up every morning and absolutely dreading my day. Who wants to live that way? Granted, I would love to be home with my babies and am very envious of those that do, but I feel great about working.
Many of you probably know, but I've been working at Sylvan for almost 5 years. There is something amazing about working with children. Not a day goes by that I don't hear a child say, "I get it!", or "I made 'such-and-such' grade on my test!". As a parent, you want your children to succeed, and when you can help other children that are not your own succeed and give parents that wonderful feeling, it's fantastic!
We have a high school student that has been with us for a while for various reasons...more enrichment than anything. Today, she came on her regular day, but brought a cake to her teacher because she knew her birthday was this week. How awesome is that?!
There's even a little girl (7 years old) that comes to Sylvan to improve her reading. She is picked on at school because she doesn't have much hair. Kids at school think she has cancer. She can't read, and barely knows how to write a single letter. In just a few weeks, she's made tons of friends. This little girl is constantly sick, and when she's not at Sylvan on her scheduled day, all of the other students ask where she is and if she's okay.
These little things make my heart melt and assure me that I'm in the right profession. Be happy with what you're doing and don't sweat the small stuff. You're making a difference to someone.

No comments:
Post a Comment